Dr. Firouz’s Top 5 Tips For The Best Mommy Makeover Results
A Mommy Makeover is a combination of customized plastic surgery procedures designed to rejuvenate a woman’s body. The most common Mommy Makeover procedures include breast enhancement (breast augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction), labiaplasty, tummy tuck, and/or liposuction.
When choosing a Mommy Makeover surgeon there are a lot of different things to think about while you are making your decision. To help make the process a little easier, one of the best Mommy Makeover surgeons in Beverly Hills, Jimmy S. Firouz MD, FACS, has put together his list of his Top 5 Tips For The Best Mommy Makeover Results so you have all of the information you need for a successful surgery.
1. Experience and Skill Of The Surgeon | Trust Your Surgeon
Mommy Makeovers are becoming very popular procedures, so it is vital that you find a board certified plastic surgeon who is qualified to perform all of the different procedures you want to ensure you have a safe and successful surgery. Once you find a surgeon who is qualified to perform your Mommy Makeover, you should schedule a consultation. At the consultation, you should ask your plastic surgeon to show you several before and after pictures of other patients he has performed Mommy Makeovers on. This will show you the surgeon’s level of skill and ability to perform several procedures to create your ideal body. We also recommend you google the surgeon’s name and see reviews from other patients and make sure the vast majority of patients have had nothing but a fantastic experience with the surgeon.
Dr. Firouz is a double board certified plastic surgeon with over 10 years of experience and performs Mommy Makeovers procedures on a weekly basis in his Beverly Hills outpatient surgery center. During a Mommy Makeover consultation with Dr. Firouz he will first ask you about your main trouble areas and what your goals are for your surgery. Once he has a good understanding of what you want to achieve he will tell you his recommendation for the best combination of procedures to give you your pre-baby body back! Furthermore, he will show you as many before and after pictures as you would like to see and will explain his minimally invasive surgical techniques in detail with you so you know exactly what to expect from surgery. Finally, Dr. Firouz will let you know that outstanding patient care and satisfaction are his top priorities. His goal is to make sure you feel comfortable and confident in your decision to have a Mommy Makeover with him. You should only have surgery if you trust your surgeon 100%.
2. Get The Most Out Of Your Consultation
You are already researching Mommy Makeovers since you found this article, so that is a great start! We find that the patients who have taken the time to research the different Mommy Makeover procedures they are interested in and plastic surgeons online before coming in to the office are very prepared for their consultation. They have learned a lot online and have compiled a list of questions to ask Dr. Firouz. Your consultation with Dr. Firouz is a great time to ask him every question you have thought of during your online research, as well as the time to explain what your motivations and goals are for your Mommy Makeover procedure. Some of the common questions Dr. Firouz hears from patients include:
- Do I need breast implants or a breast lift with implants?
- Will a breast reduction also lift my breasts?
- I want a breast reduction, but I don’t want my breasts to be too small? Can I have a breast reduction and implants?
- Do I need liposuction and a tummy tuck?
- What’s the difference between liposuction and a tummy tuck?
- Is it safe to have multiple plastic surgery procedures at one time?
To answer these questions (or other questions you may have) appropriately, Dr. Firouz will examine you in the office and make recommendations based on his evaluation, while considering the surgical goals and any concerns you have told him about. By the end of your consultation you should feel 100% confident about your decision to have a Mommy Makeover with Dr. Firouz!
3. Minimally invasive and delicate surgical approach
Childbearing is probably the most difficult thing a woman’s body can go through. Your skin expands and stretches during pregnancy, and after delivery, breast-feeding will cause your breasts to inflate and deflate, all of which leave you out of your pre-pregnancy shape. A Mommy Makeover is a terrific treatment for women who need a little extra help returning to their pre-baby bodies!
A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures designed to restore and rejuvenate a woman after her body has undergone the strain of childbearing. Pregnancy, delivery and breastfeeding can create different problems for each woman, so the Mommy Makeover procedure will be unique depending on your specific needs. Dr. Firouz has extensive experience in the various procedures that may be performed during a Mommy Makeover, including breast enhancement, liposuction, tummy tuck and labiaplasty. There are many different techniques surgeons around the world may use to perform these procedures, but Dr. Firouz only practices the most minimally invasive and cutting edge surgical approaches to provide his patients with beautiful results. His main goal is to perform the surgery in a minimally invasive manner so you not only have the least visible scars possible following surgery, but this approach also helps prevent bleeding, reduces swelling, and decreases your recovery time.
4. Follow Your Recovery Guidelines
After your Mommy Makeover surgery, it is very important to follow the surgeon’s post-op recovery guidelines so that your body heals properly and quickly.
- While you might think resting after surgery means you cannot get out of bed at all, this is not true. In fact, you should get up and walk around your house (or hotel room) every couple of hours to decrease the risk of blood clots.
- If you had a breast enhancement procedure:
- DO NOT lift your arms, push or pull anything until advised by your board-certified plastic surgeon. Because of the pain medication you will feel like you can do a lot more after surgery than you should, so please be careful NOT to tear anything by lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, straining.
- You will be given a bra to wear after surgery. You should wear this bra day and night for the first 6 weeks following your surgery. Your surgeon will let you know when you can stop wearing the “recovery bra.”
- If you had liposuction:
- Dr. Firouz instructs his patients to wear compression garments for several weeks to reduce pain and swelling. The length of time you need to wear your compression garments will depend on the areas that are treated with liposuction.
- If you had a tummy tuck:
- Dressings or bandages will be applied to your incisions and you will be instructed to wear compression garments to minimize swelling and support your abdomen. The length of time you need to wear your compression garments varies from patient to patient and Dr. Firouz will tell you exactly how long to wear them at your post-op appointment.
- Drains will be placed under the skin to collect excess blood or fluid from the surgery so that you have less inflammation and bruising. The drain will need to be emptied every 6 – 8 hours and you (or your caretaker) should record the output of each drain so you can share it with Dr. Firouz at your post-op appointment. Keeping track of the fluid output helps Dr. Firouz determine how long the drains need to stay in for.
- If you had a labiaplasty:
- Most patients experience 1 day of discomfort and after that any lingering pain can be managed with Tylenol.
- Dr. Firouz tells his patients to abstain from sexual intercourse for 6 weeks following surgery to ensure everything heals properly.
- You will not be able to workout for 6 weeks after surgery. You may resume light activity such as light walking and lifting up to 5 lbs within the first few weeks after surgery, but you must receive clearance from your surgeon before resuming any strenuous activity such as biking, swimming, aerobics, or weightlifting (usually 3-4 weeks). When you first start working out again, start slowly and gradually work up to your normal routine.
- DO NOT DRINK alcohol or smoke cigarettes for 2 weeks after surgery. Alcohol can thin the blood and cause more bruising and bleeding. Alcohol also interferes with some of the medications that are given during and after surgery. Smoking is absolutely NOT permitted for at least 2 weeks before or after surgery.
- Go to all of your post-op appointments so that your surgeon can check on your recovery progress. If something doesn’t feel right while you are at home recovering, don’t hesitate to call your surgeon and let him know. It is very important to keep an open line of communication with your surgeon, and a good surgeon will encourage good communication during the recovery process.
Every surgeon has his own Mommy Makeover recovery guidelines based on how he performs the surgery. Dr. Firouz and his surgery coordinator will go over his Mommy Makeover recovery guidelines with you in great detail at your pre-op appointment.
5. Enjoy Your Mommy Makeover Results!
You have been waiting a long time to see the results of your Mommy Makeover, so make sure you enjoy it!!! Put on those skinny jeans that haven’t fit in years, strut your stuff out on the beach, or do whatever it is that you have been wanting to do for years because now you finally feel confident with your body’s appearance. However, it is important to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle in the days, months and years following your Mommy Makeover in order to maintain your results.
Schedule Your Breast Augmentation Consultation!
If you are interested in a Mommy Makeover with Dr. Firouz, schedule your consultation today – 310.274.4321!